Tree Surgeon Penn
We are Rowan Tree Group and we provide professional and affordable tree surgery services in Penn and the West Midlands.
We love our gardens and green spaces, they’re good for us and just spending time outdoors is beneficial for physical and mental health. If you have a green space that needs some care and attention, or trees that need looking after, we have been helping the people of Penn for over ten years now.
Our fully qualified and comprehensively insured tree surgeons are here to help you transform your outside spaces and make them healthy for years to come. It can be daunting if your garden is overgrown and you might not know where to start. We have seen it all, so let us do the hard work.
Tree Surgery Services We Offer in Penn
- Tree Felling & Tree Removal in Penn - If you have a tree that looks diseased or dying, and there is plenty of space around it, we could fell it in one piece. This process of felling is achieved by cutting into the wood to leave a hinge so that the tree can only fall where we want it to. We can then chop it into smaller pieces for removal.
- Sectional Dismantling in Penn - Most of us don’t have large spaces to play with, which makes tree removal a bit more technical. We employ highly skilled climbing tree surgeons that can bring a tree down from top to bottom using climbing apparatus and light saws. The parts we remove are lowered on ropes to minimise disturbance around the tree.
- Tree Crown Lifting in Penn - Trees grow where there is light and moisture, but lower branches can get in the way of access and block light into a garden. In order to protect the tree and give you back your green space, we can select lower limbs and remove them safely.
- Tree Crown Thinning in Penn - A dense tree of twisted limbs is like a sail in high winds. If your tree is growing close to your home this could cause a disaster in a storm. To avoid felling the tree we could help to thin the crown and make it less likely to uproot itself. Thinning also improves the natural shape of a tree and its balance.
- Tree Crown Reduction in Penn - We would not recommend removing more than 15% of a tree’s growth, but if your sight lines are obscured or your tree is growing close to power lines, we can reduce its height without removing the whole thing by lopping off secondary or tertiary branches high in the canopy.
- Deadwooding in Penn - Dead branches are known in the trade as “widow makers” and it doesn’t take much imagination to understand why. Wood is heavy, and dead branches could be held by just a small amount of solid wood. We can remove these pieces for the health of the tree and your continued safety.
- Pollarding in Penn - This might look like drastic tree surgery, but unless you want to remove a tree completely, restricting its height and growth is a necessary process when a tree has grown too large for its surroundings. Leaf drop and overgrown limbs are two hazards along roads causing flooding and property damage that can be avoided by quick action.
- Trimming and Shaping Hedges and Shrubs in Penn - Used for creating natural boundaries that last longer than man-made fences, hedges are havens for wildlife that won’t be blown down in a storm. Trimming hedges uses special tools and old techniques that are part of our daily business. Shrubs, bushes and plants come in as many sizes as you can think of and make a garden come to life. They can’t just look after themselves though, and need regular maintenance to stay healthy and strong. We can suggest a schedule of trimming throughout the year to keep them the focal point of your green space in Penn.
- Jungles Cleared in Penn - If your garden isn’t very welcoming and is nothing but a headache, it’s probably overgrown and left to the elements. If you can’t face dragging out all of the overgrown brambles and self-seeded trees, let us get stuck in and do the hard work or you. We remove all of our waste and dispose of it responsibly.
Why Choose Rowan For Your Tree Surgery in Penn?
If you live in Penn and you have tree surgery or landscaping needs, you will want to employ someone local, who has plenty of experience and is a trusted trader.
We have worked with communities across the West Midlands for a decade. We’re always up to date on all national standards and industry-recognised qualifications, and promise to leave the site clean and tidy. If you need some advice on how to get the most out of your green space, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.